Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Interior Storm Windows

As I continued to research ways to keep the heat from our woodstove "in" our home, I ran across something really cool to share. The best part is that it comes from a local Mainer. I'm posting the link to his page because he has covered everything in terrific detail. Well done Guy!

In a previous post, I stated that there is a huge heat loss from windows. Building these interior, "double-pane" storms was very easy. I build a few a week and can feel the difference immediately after installation. They cost between $10-15 each to construct and the materials are readily available. They even look nice! So, if you are the least bit mechanically inclined, think about these as one of the first things you do to reduce heat loss from your home (like even before adding additional insulation). These will give you the most "bang for the buck"!

http://www.arttec.net/Thermal-Windows/index.html

No comments: